Generation Y, or Gen Y, best known as Millennials. Yup, that’s us. You’re going to thank us for all these awesome apps we know, and how they work. I’m about to give you my basic millennial secrets to improve your home with just an app!
House Hunting Apps
- Zillow – is best over all. It has has many filters to narrow your search, offers past sales and “estimated” home values.
- Realtor – is very similar to zillow but often updates faster.
- Trulia – works the same as realtor and zillow, only has better filters of the other sites.
- Xome – is the best place to find auction homes.
- HomeSnap – is powered by realtors and great for investors, as it shows area market sales.
- BiggerPockets – Blogs Galore for everything home buying.
- Handyman Calaculator – does just what it says. Its pretty cool app to reduce waste, save money & time.
- ifixit – its like google but specific to what you need to fix. Just search, how to fix a leaking sink? or how to install a barn door?
- SnapGuide – this turns any project into a step by step instructions.
- RoomScan – basically scans a room, with little help and designs a floorplan.
- Hutch – allows you to take photo of a space and render it with visual furniture. Realtors love this app to stage unfurnished homes.
- Color Capture – Benjamin Moore offers this app to add a paint color to a space you take a photo of.
Shopping Apps – Home & Appliances
- BuyVia – Need appliances? This app will bring you the top online deals daily, from your favorite places to purchase.
- PriceGrabber – compare prices of different products and dealers. Find the best deals for exactly what you need.
- Invaluable – live auctions for online marketplace home shopping.
These are just a few of my most favorite apps for your home search and home renovations. Most are free to download or can be purchased if you go Pro! Pinterest dreamers, reality.
Still want more? There are so many upgrades to turn your home into a smart home, but we’ll save that for another blog. I’ll give you a taste to wet your whistle, but keep coming back! I’ll be sharing our (millennials – dont hate it, embrace it) favorite gadgets to update your renovated kitchen, bathroom and more… For now, start with this.
Smart Home: Voice Controls
- Amazon Echo – Alexa! Well, you should know the rest…
- Apple HomeKit – Siri! Wirelessly controls your home – Security systems, tv’s, or thermostats. Controlled all from your ios devices.
I hope this got you excited for next home project! – Aimee